Monday, January 16, 2012

Scrapbook Sketch #1 for 2012

I'm so super excited to show you my very first sketch!!! 


What is so special about my sketches??? I'll tell you, they make every thing so easy. 
All the measurements are on the sketch for the key elements. No guessing.


Do you ever look at a sketch and think well just how big is that border??  Yes?? Not on mine!
From borders to circles to other cuts, even the photos and photo mats all have the measurements right on the sketch. 


This is how I learned to sketch and I absolutely LOVE it! 


Finished Sketch (Minus photos)


This is Bo Bunny Ad Lib Paper
The Colors are Bazzill Paper
The Aqua is Swimming Pool and The Orange is Hopi
On most of my sketches you will have one photo that has three mats. That is your focus photo, you favorite, the main image. I tend to pick white or black for my third color unless I have a good match in paper laying around.
I went a little crazy picking patterns
Pick two matching papers as your background. Remember that depending on the sketch a lot or a little will show. In this Sketch the top is covered but you still see a good bit of the paper. The background is Bo Bunny Ad Lib Improv.
  
This is what I decided on for this Sketch!

The Aqua Dots are the backside of the Bo Bunny Paper Ad Lib Scribbles. The Colorful lines are Bo Bunny Ad Lib Vertigo. The stripes are pretty busy so the dots being soft are a very good balance. For this Sketch I only needed one page of each design, sometimes you need more.
Matching Colors


Take your base pages and/or your coordinating patterns and match two to three colors for matting your photos. I mentioned earlier that picked two and then used white (a little money saver). Most of the time you need two sheets of paper for matting in each color. This sketch if cut right will use only one. It's always good to have extra, especially if your using a special color (like I did with this sketch)


I used my Cricut to cut the circles but it doesn't matter how you cut them.
Circles cut with Cricut
For this Sketch... You adhere the top border and all the circles before you secure your photos on to the layout. 

Wow this is a lot... You will notice on the sample that I added an embellishment from the Ad Lib cut outs. I didn't add a anything else, I was trying to keep it somewhat simple... I tried!

There is plenty of room to add embellishments. You can even use one of the photo frames for journalling if that's your thing :-)

And Here is the Sketch!!!!

If you want a higher res (better for printing) file of the Sketch leave a comment with your email and I will email it to you!! 

I hope you love it!!!

~Amy~
Pin It